PNG has become a place of attraction for all types of people and industry. It is a country that is experiencing a boom in the mineral and resources sector. With this growth sector has the country witnessed an influx in expatriate skilled workers and this has contributed to the growth of Sport Fishing PNG as a local service provider in the area of sport fishing, boat charter services and other recreational activities in the country. In contrast, PNG is still heavily influenced by its diverse cultural history which boasts over 800 indigenous languages, and experienced a century of german and british colonial rule. Only 30 years young, this country has had to transform itself from stoneage to computer age in less then 60 years but in doing so the country has managed to sustain its iconic melanesian culture and way of life. This is what makes PN G such as a special destination and to further attribute to this unique destination, is that it has some of the best sport fishing locations in the world for both Bluewater and river and estuary fisherman.
PNG is home to the PNG Black Bass and Niugini Spotted tail bass - a fish which is unique only to Papua New Guinea. It is a fish that is renowned worldwide as being the toughest fighting fish (pound for pound). Our rivers offer fantastic fishing for barramundi and saratoga and our bluewater fishing is abundant in all forms of pelagics and big game such as Marlin, sailfish, yellow fin tuna, Giant Trevally and Dog Tooth Tuna.
Sport Fishing PNG have developed a range of sport fishing products and boat charter services to cater for a variety of clientele who wish to chance their luck with a lure and line during their visit or stay in PNG. These include:
- Trekkers who have just completed Kokoda or another trek in PNG and have a few days to spare before or after for a bit of fishing.
- Professionals transiting through PNG on business and have a day to spare or on a sporting tour. Fishing is a great way to entertain clients and build up your network with suppliers in the country.
- School leavers on holidays and are interested in getting out of the house and on the water. Learn how to fish in our pee wee fishing tours aimed at catering for students between the ages of 7-17 years.
- Die Hard Fisho’s who have heard about the world famous PNG Black Bass and want to try out their fishing skills and hook up to this amazing fighting fish. PNG’s strength is that there are also a wide variety of other fish to also catch if the black bass isn’t performing.
- Luxury Boutique Cruising is now possible with through Sport Fishing PNG's available luxury motor yacht vessels that are available from Port Moresby. Refer to travel services page for more information.
If you are planning a trip to PNG then it is definitely worth your while to consider a fishing trip with SFPNG. It's a great way to cap of a holiday, network with colleagues or to simply entertain guests and friends.
Return to HOME
Go to OUR EXPERIENCE
Go to WILD RIVER FISHING
Go to BLUEWATER FISHING
Go to BOOK A TOUR